Enrichment is an important part of daily life at Humberston Academy.
As a David Ross Education Trust (DRET) academy we believe that enrichment can help to enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our students for an ever-changing world.
Secondary enrichment is carefully selected to equip young people with additional experiences and skills that will not only give them a head start in their adult life but also enhance their CVs, applications and interviews in competitive careers and higher education markets.
Our Enrichment Timetable
Our SEND Lunchtime Activities
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer and Humberston Academy regularly participate in these activities.
In addition to our own partners, the Trust has partnerships with a number of organisations that work with us to provide opportunities in music, drama, art and other cultural pursuits.
Here are just some of the incredible enrichment opportunities we have to offer:
- An ecological conservation project in the Caribbean
- Outward Bound expeditions in the UK and Canada
- Masterclasses with Olympians and other top sports stars including Colin Jackson, Crista Cullen and Rob Vickerman
- Workshops with the Nevill Holt Opera
- Gallery exhibitions at the Nottingham Contemporary Art Gallery
- Debating competitions
- Trust-wide music, photography and art competitions
- Sporting talent programmes and tournaments
Sports Day 2023
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801