Students should use ShowMyHomework to view the online tasks that they have been set by their teachers. This is also available to download as an app for use on mobile and tablet devices.
To login, students should select Login with Office365 and then use their academy email address and academy IT password.
Teachers will set tasks on ShowMyHomework and request one of the following within the task (students should read the task on ShowMyHomework to know which to do):
- An online task to complete in ShowMyHomework
- An online task to complete in Google Classroom (see below for guidance)
- An online task to complete in SENECA/Hegarty Maths
If students are asked by teachers in their ShowMyHomework task to access Google Classroom, students need to:
- Login to Google Classroom (using the same academy email address and IT password as ShowMyHomework) at www.secondary.dret.cloud and select the Google Classroom image. Google Classroom is also available to download as an app on mobile and tablet devices and students would login using their academy email address and IT password.
- If it is the first time joining a 'virtual classroom', students will need to add the classroom code provided by their teacher in the ShowMyHomework task. To do this, students click the '+' button in the top-right of Google Classroom and select 'Join Class'. They can then enter the classroom code provided by their teacher on ShowMyHomework. Google Classroom will remember this and they will now be a part of the teacher's virtual classroom. This is repeated for any additional Google Classroom 'virtual classrooms' that teachers request students to join on ShowMyHomework.
- Once in the teacher's virtual classroom, students can then select 'Classwork' at the top of the screen and they should then see the work set by their teacher that they can click on, download and upload.
A visual guide for ShowMyHomework and Google Classroom are available below.