Pupils are expected to dress appropriately for work, following the Academy dress code and for health and safety at all times.
The Humberston Academy uniform is:
- Plain white shirt or blouse.
- Academy tie (displaying 4 stripes).
- Black blazer with academy logo badge.
- Plain black tailored trousers.
- Plain black knee length academy skirt (no more than 5cm above the knee).
- Shoes: sensible, low healed, plain black, polishable shoes.
- Humberston Academy rucksack.
- Plain black belt (optional)
- Socks – black or grey.
An academy blazer must be worn when students are arriving at the accademy, as well
as when moving to and from lessons.
- The House badge should be positioned below the Humberston Academy badge on the
- The blazer can be worn on top of an Academy jumper if required.
Trousers and Skirts
- Trousers must be plain back and tailored.
- No tight-fitting or stretch material skirts or trousers.
- No cropped trousers or jean/jean style material.
- Skirts must be worn with black tights for safeguarding reasons.
- No large belt buckles or studded/patterned belts are allowed.
- Must be sensible, low healed, plain black and polishable.
- No plimsolls, trainers, canvas shoes, black “trainer style” or plastic footwear.
- No leather versions of branded fashion shoes.
- No boots.
- Must be plain with no large or inappropriate logos.
- Coats must be worn over the academy blazer and not instead of.
- No sports jackets, caps, hoods, leather/denim jackets or sweatshirt material coats
Jewellery and Make up
- The only jewellery allowed is a wristwatch and one small stud per ear.
- No nose/eyebrow/tongue or any other form of body piercing are allowed due to health
and safety reasons.
- No face or body jewellery/accessories are allowed.
- Subtle make up only.
- No nail varnish or acrylic/false/gel nails are allowed due to health and safety reasons.
- No tattoos or temporary tattoos.
- No false or lash extensions
- Long hair is to be tied back in practical lessons or when directed by staff.
- All hair must be of a natural colour.
- No extreme, vivid or two-tone colours, shorter than a number 1 razor setting.
- No patterns cut into hair, no extensions that do not match natural hair colours and no
- No beards or moustaches or sideburns below the earlobe.
Physical Education and Games Kit
Boys & Girls
• Humberston Academy red polo top.
• Reversible black and red rugby top (if performing football/rugby activities).
• Black shorts.
• Black and red academy socks.
• Shin pads (for hockey and football).
• Training shoes (not plimsolls).
• Football boots (if performing football/ rugby/cross-country).
• Black waterproof jacket.
Note: All jewellery must be removed and hair must be tied back in all practical lessons. Plain
black leggings may be worn with black shorts. Plain black under armour may be worn in cold
Any student who forgets their PE kit, will be issued with a kit mark. Students will always be
given PE kit to borrow and will still be expected to participate in the lesson as normal. Any
student who cannot physically participate due to illness or medical reasons, must still get
changed into their PE kit. This is to ensure that students have a dry and clean uniform for
the remainder of the academy day. Please familiarise yourself with the PE Kit Policy which is
in line with the Behaviour Policy.